The holiday season is quickly approaching. Are you planning on traveling from your condos in Wayzata MN community this holiday season? If yes, you probably have a lot to do in preparation for your trip. In addition to packing your bags and making sure you have your tickets and paperwork, you should add cleaning your condo to the list. After all, that last thing you want to do is return from your trip to an uncleaned home. Use the 10 tips below to clean your condo before you set out on your trip.
- Empty the trash – This should be a no brainer but is sometimes overlooked. Taking out the trash will ensure you do not return to a smelly condo from items left in the trash cans throughout your condo.
- Wipe down your countertops – Though this should be done daily, it is a good idea to wipe down your countertops before heading out on your trip. You will kill bacteria and avoid having bugs rummaging after crumbs.
- Get rid of perishable items – Take stock of the items in your fridge and throw out anything that has expired or will expire upon your return.
- Do the dishes – Do not leave any dirty dishes in the sink. Put your dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run it before you leave.
- Clean out the coffee filter – Check your coffee filter to make sure it is not filled with coffee grounds.
- Make your bed – Throw fresh sheets on your bed so that you return to a clean, made bed.
- Deal with your clean and dirty clothes – Clean laundry should be folded and put in your closet or drawer. Hang up any jackets or coats you have strewn throughout your home. It is also a good idea to do the laundry. You will be returning with dirty clothes and probably do not want to add to the pile. Plus, you just do not want to come home to dirty clothes and towels that have been left in the hamper for a while.
- Tend to your bathtub, sink, and toilet bowel – You will be grateful for cleaning these areas upon your return.
- Sweep and vacuum – This will ensure no grime or dirt is left on the floors while you are gone.
- Tidy up your home – Are the dining room and kitchen chairs in place? Did you put the pillows and throws back on your sofa? Are the cabinets and drawers closed? Did you close the blinds? Look around your condo to see what needs tidying up in each room.
Doing the above will give you peace of mind when returning home to your condo. Whether you are travelling far or staying close to your condos in Wayzata MN, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season!Tags: new home condos wayzta mn, new homes for sale wayzata mn, new homes wayzata mn, new luxury condominium project for sale in wayzata Minnesota, new townhomes wayzata mn
This post was written by Meyer Place at Ferndale